A while ago I familiarized myself with the flexbox layout model. That is to say that I read up on the specification and tinkered around with it on Codepen, but I never used it in an actual project.
That was until today I ran into a layout problem, where floats and inline-blocks just wouldn’t do it the way I intended to. So I decided to give flexbox a try and after a couple of minutes, I had a working example of what I was trying to achieve. It was incredibly easy.
I think it’s fair to say that I fell in love with flexbox again today. I’m still figuring out the details on how to provide a fallback for older browsers, but concerning the use of flexbox in future projects, I’m sold on it. And that’s what I learnt today.