I’m using Grunt for frontend development, mainly to compile SASS and to combine and minify Javascript files. I’ve also been using a Grunt plugin called grunt-autoprefixer which basically uses the Can I use database to check your CSS for properties that need vendor prefixes and adds them to your CSS rules.

Today I was integrating a few templates I wrote into the CMS of a client. When I checked the site in different browsers, I noticed that some autoprefixes were missing. It turns out that the autoprefixer plugin doesn’t work on my iMac but does work on my MacBook. I’ve not yet looked into this but I also discovered that there is a newer version of the plugin that not only adds missing vendor prefixes to your CSS but also provides fallbacks for rem sizing units. And that’s what I learnt today.