I ran into a problem with Grunt a couple of days ago. I noticed that although I set up a task for autoprefixing my CSS files, sometimes the vendor prefixes were missing. I assumed that there was something wrong with the node module and thought about switching to a newer version of it.

But today I discovered it was entirely my fault. I forgot to add the autoprefixer to my watch task hence it would only work when run for production (which skips the watch part). I corrected the watch task and updated my frontend jumpstart template accordingly.

I guess it’s easy to blame technology for failure but I think it’s worth considering that we overlook things too. And that’s what I learnt today.